Two Muskoka Chamber of Commerce executives were representing Muskoka business this week at the Chamber Executives of Ontario conference in Kingston.
As new Chamber executives, Sandy Lockhart, Executive Director of the Gravenhurst Chamber, and Norah Fountain, General Manager of the Muskoka Lakes Chamber of Commerce, were both awarded bursaries to attend the event.
The twice-a-year meeting of Chamber minds offers way to increase value to member businesses while sharpening the skill set of the executives attending.
“Being at this conference helps make our Chamber part of a bigger network of knowledge to draw on,” Lockhart tells Muskoka News Watch. “It was a great learning opportunity, as we got to hear from other new Chamber executives and from some who have been in their positions for decades.”
It also gave the Muskoka executives an opportunity to showcase business in Muskoka.
“Now it would be wonderful if Muskoka could host one of these provincial Chamber events,” reports Fountain, “as it would also act as a familiarization tour of Muskoka for people running visitor centres across Ontario. Certainly the connections made for our Chamber are invaluable.”
Inset Photo: Joe Shuker of Strive giving presentation on healthy organizations.
Top Photo: Norah Fountain and Sandy Lockhart with Chamber Executives of Ontario Chair Greg Webb
Voting is now open for the 23rd annual Bracebridge Chamber of Commerce Outstanding Business Achievement Awards Gala.
This year, the Chamber received 81 nominations from the community, which was asked to nominate a special Bracebridge business who provides exceptional service in one or more of the following 12 categories:
1. New Business of the Year Award
2. Established Business of the Year Award (Sponsored by TD Canada Trust)
3. Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award (Sponsored by RBC Royal Bank)
4. Best Retail Customer Service Award (Sponsored by the Bracebridge BIA)
5. Best Home Based Business Award
6. Service Provider of the Year Award (Sponsored by R&F Residential Commercial Design
7. Tourism Award (Sponsored by Muskoka Tourism)
8. Female Business Person of the Year Award (Sponsored by YWCA Muskoka)
9. Male Business Person of the Year Award (Sponsored by Barriston LLP)
10. Accessibility Award (Sponsored by The Town of Bracebridge)
11. Innovation Award
12. Outstanding Contribution to Bracebridge Award (Sponsored by the Bracebridge
Chamber of Commerce)
“Over the past year we have seen a positive change in the business community here in Bracebridge which shows through the thoughtful nominations and participation that we have received from the community through the nomination process.“ said Brenda Rhodes, Executive Director of the Bracebridge Chamber of Commerce.
Voting is now open and once again, the Chamber encourages the community to take the time to support the vibrant businesses by voting on who they believe deserve to win the awards.
Tickets are now on sale for the Gala and can be purchased by calling 705-645-5231. $70/person for Chamber members. $85/person for non-Chamber members.
Votes can be submitted by Clicking VOTE NOW! at www.bracebridgechamber.com.