Due to possible rotating postal strikes, the District of Muskoka announced today it has stopped mailing social assistance cheques and drug benefit cards effective June 27, 2016. Instead, for the time being, cheques, statements and benefit cards will be available for pick-up from District Community Services offices and at the Township of Georgian Bay municipal office.
Cheques and/or Direct Bank Deposit statements with Ontario Drug Benefit Eligibility Cards will be available as of noon on Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at the following locations:
- 141 Main Street, Gravenhurst – (District of Muskoka Community Services Office)
- 205 Manitoba Street, Bracebridge (District of Muskoka Community Services Office)
- 1 King William Street, Unit #5, Huntsville (District of Muskoka Community Services Office)
- 99 Lone Pine Drive, Port Severn (Township of Georgian Bay Municipal Office)
Hours of Operation:
- All of the above offices open at 8:30 a.m. and close at 4:00 p.m. daily.
- Canada Day – Please Note: All offices will closed at 4:00 p.m. on Thursday and will not NOT OPEN on Canada Day. The offices will open again at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, July 4, 2016.
Please contact the Ontario Works Office at 1-800-461-1705 (in a 705 area code) or 705-645-2412 if you are unable to get to one of these location and/or with any questions or concerns.