(October 17, 2015 BALA) Thanks to Bala’s Communities in Bloom (CIB) volunteers, many of the CIB gardens around Bala have been refurbished and restored this summer. The team is also excited to launch its new branding, “Bala in Bloom”, which reinforces the volunteer commitment to keeping Bala blooming every day.
Some of their accomplishments over the past four months:
- installed 60 hanging baskets on Hwy 169 and Bala Falls Road
- cleaned-up and restored Windsor, Jaspen Park, Bala Falls Road gardens, and the Shield, LCBO, Freshmart and Bala Community Centre gardens.
- found new homes for donated bridge boxes, under the Legion/Chamber Welcome to Bala signs on Hwy 169 and Hwy 38, complete with fall mums and a new look for the Hwy 38 location
- provided Fall bridge & main street décor &, in partnership with Muskoka Lakes Chamber of Commerce, are launching a Christmas décor contest for local businesses
- added a new Practica dog station at Margaret Burgess Park
- maintained and distributed heritage plaques and brochures
Interested in joining in the fun and keeping Bala in bloom?
Contact Jan Turner:
705 762 4094
Featured photo: Submitted photo of the Bala in Bloom team
June 8, 2015: Vandals strike blow to renewed CIB effort
August 18, 2014: End of a blooming era: CIB Bala to fold
About Muskoka News Watch – consider donating to keep good news stories like these flowing: Muskoka News Watch exists primarily on donations. If you like being informed, please toss a few dollars our way using the Donate Button on the top right hand corner of our Home Page (you can use Credit Cards or Debit). Your support is needed and appreciated. Thank you, and thanks to CIB Bala for keeping MNW informed as well!