Charges have been laid in a fail to remain case that happened on Highway 69.
On October 30th at 4:30 p.m., members of the West Parry Sound Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were called to a motor vehicle collision involving two vehicles on Highway 69.
Upon arrival, they learned that one of the drivers had fled into the bush.
Vehicle stolen from Mactier
The police investigation revealed that the vehicle in question had been stolen from a residence in Mactier and as a result, 24 yr old Daniel Ashawasagai from Georgian Bay Township was charged with:
- Theft of a motor vehicle under $5000, contrary to section 334(b) of the Criminal Code of Canada (CC)
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order, contrary to section 733.1(1) of the CC
- Careless Driving, contrary to section 130 of the Highway Traffic Act (HTA)
- Driving While Under Suspension, contrary to section 53(1) of the HTA X2
* Fail To Remain, contrary to section 200(1)(a) of the HTA
The accused will appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Parry Sound on December 1st to answer to his charges.