Fire destroys cottage on Bone Island, Georgian Bay

(May 20, 9.25am GEORGIAN BAY) The owners of a cottage on Bone Island, Georgian Bay are being treated for minor injuries after their cottage caught fire on Bone Island last night.

A neighbour called 911 after seeing the cottage engulfed in flames from across the water. The owners managed to get out of the cottage before it, and a nearby bunkie, were destroyed.

Police report the fire started at the roof level of a wood burning stove, and high winds made it difficult to fight the fire. Georgian Bay Firefighters and South Georgian OPP responded to the blaze at 8:45pm and firefighters stayed there until midnight. They are returning this morning.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *