$12,000 damage in Lake of Bays garage fire

The Huntsville/Lake of Bays Fire Department was called to a reported fire in a garage on Buck Island Rd. in the Township of Lake of Bays shortly after 1pm today.

Upon arrival, crews encountered light smoke coming from the structure and were able to quickly extinguish the fire inside.

The fire had spread into the roof area and crews remain on scene checking for any extension of fire.

A dehumidifier is being looked at as a cause and damage is estimated at $12,000.

There were no injuries reported.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *